I am a developer, a mentor and a manager with technical experience building web applications. I like working at companies that are young in spirit and constantly pushing themselves to be better. I enjoy opportunities to drive improvement in an engaged work environment.
Rails, Hanami, Ember, and React
Test Driven Development, Agile Development, and Continuous Integration
Docker, Ansible, and OneOps
- Charter of the team: make engineers fast and developing safely easy.
- Implemented a requirement gathering process, along with other team processes to ensure we focused on the right things.
- Managed two teams (with tech leads respectively) and seven engineers directly.
- Hired for, mentored and supported those teams. Worked with product to manage scope for them.
- Included responsibilities from Engineering Manager role.
- Coached and mentored direct reports, helping them improve as engineers and focused on how best to achieve their goals
- Scaled up the engineering team to meet product workforce demand while retaining culture of autonomy and freedom
- Collaborated with the team to improve coding practices in order to reduce maintenance burden and manage risk for deployment
- Worked cross-functionally with marketing and product to make analytics accessible
- Led a team of engineers in creating a full fledged insurance website MVP (including customer and servicing/sales portals) in the span of 3 months
- Created best practices and reusable paradigms for the team, following a service-oriented design
- Worked in tight partnership with the Product Manager of the project to keep expectations and scope (dictated by a partner) in check
- Actively contributed to hiring through participation in interviews as well as the creation and improvement of interview practices
- Extracted reusable code into gems, using continuous integration to test them (published on rubygems.org)
- Architected and wrote software services responsible for communicating with third-party APIs
- Driving test driven development with Mocha, unified code standards using ESLint and streamlined deployment with OneOps and Capistrano
- Built a monitoring system using React, Sinatra, Elasticsearch and Logstash to ensure 100% uptime of an image derivative generator
- Proactively scoped, developed and maintained a Rails tool-suite used by over 100 people across multiple departments that resulted in a yearly value savings of over $1.7MM
- Built an image derivative generator using ImageMagick and Ruby that supports front-end product imagery across Walmart.com and has created over 50MM images to date
- Provided technical consulting as well as detailed requirements on vendor solutions that resulted in workflow enhancements
- Developed streamlined processes using shell scripts and cron jobs that improved reliability and efficiency in imagery procurement from third parties
London, United Kingdom