I am a developer, a mentor and a manager with technical experience building web applications. I like working at companies that are young in spirit and constantly pushing themselves to be better. I enjoy opportunities to drive improvement in an engaged work environment.
Rails, Hanami, Ember, and React
Test Driven Development, Agile Development, and Continuous Integration
Docker, Ansible, and OneOps
- Managing two teams (Product Infrastructure, Platform UX)
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports, helping them achieve career goals
- Worked on internal frameworks with charter of making it fast and easy to develop new features
- Implemented a requirement gathering process, along with other team processes to ensure we focused on the right things.
- Managed two partner-driven teams (with tech leads respectively) and seven engineers directly.
- Hired for, mentored and supported those teams. Worked with product to manage scope for them.
- Included responsibilities from Engineering Manager role.
- Coached and mentored direct reports, helping them improve as engineers and focused on how best to achieve their goals
- Scaled up the engineering team to meet product workforce demand while retaining culture of autonomy and freedom
- Collaborated with the team to improve coding practices in order to reduce maintenance burden and manage risk for deployment
- Led a team of engineers in creating a full fledged insurance website MVP (including customer and servicing/sales portals) in the span of 3 months
- Created best practices and reusable paradigms for the team, following a service-oriented design
- Actively contributed to hiring through participation in interviews as well as the creation and improvement of interview practices
- Architected and wrote software services responsible for communicating with third-party APIs
- Extracted reusable code into libraries (published on rubygems.org)
- Drove test driven development with Mocha, unified code standards using ESLint and streamlined deployment with OneOps and Capistrano
- Built a monitoring system using React, Sinatra, Elasticsearch and Logstash for core systems.
- Proactively scoped, developed and maintained a Rails tool-suite used by over 100 people across multiple departments that resulted in a yearly value savings of over $1.7MM
- Built an image derivative generator using ImageMagick and Ruby that supports front-end product imagery across Walmart.com and has created over 50MM images to date
London, United Kingdom